I'm a huge believer of shopping locally and supporting small businesses. The variety of original designs, beautifully crafted products and well-considered art is like nothing you will find in a major store - and with online stores such as Trouva, it couldn't be easier to celebrate the independents!
Trouva closes the gap between one-of-a-kind boutiques and the online world, enabling their wonderful offline products to become more accessible. You can uncover design-led brands and unknown studios, which due to their location, you may never get the opportunity to visit.
I have recently developed a slight obsession for collecting unique and handmade mugs and cups - it's starting to get to the 'double-stacking' stage in our cupboards. From chunky, rustic designs, to minimalist and contemporary shapes. It's a great feeling to enjoy a coffee from a perfectly-imperfect cup, knowing that you've helped support a small artisan to share their passion. With Spring only a few days away and Trouva welcoming it with 10% off everything with code spring10, it seemed like a great time to round up my favourite fifteen design mugs and cups with Trouva; some of which have been tried and tested by me, and others which I'm very much lusting over.
1. Wonki Ware cream squat mug - £16.25
2. Royal Copenhagen petrol fluted contrast mug - £16.95
3. Affari Oversized stoneware cup - £8.50
4. Dassie Artisan cashmere mug - £11.00
5. Stelton Theo mug with coaster - £17.00
6. Ferm Living soft grey 'Neu' handless mug - £12.00
7. Zakkia Grey raw oversized mug - £24.00
8. Nkuku Bria Indigo ceramic mug - £12.95
9. Hasami grey coffee mug - £24.00
10. The Leach Pottery Dolomite white small mug - £18.00
11. Cool grey handless mug - £17.50
12. Moxon shapes mug Annika - £14.95
13. Grey rustic speckled mug - £8.95
14. Nordal Nordal graphite stone mug - £11.95
15. CollardManson Casablanca mug - £7.95
Which are your favourite? Is there anything you've seen on Trouva that's on your radar?
Hello and welcome to our little corner of the internet. We are a British Design Studio, based in Manchester. Established in 2017, we are passionate about understated design, high-quality products and simple interiors. The blog is our sketchbook and your resource to feel inspired. We hope you like it!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST