Once again, another month has flown by and we're already well into April - hello Spring! For this month's 'Design Board', I wanted to tackle a calming yet luxurious bedroom. With a great mixture of textures and finishes, as well as some gorgeous rich colours, there are some wonderful pieces which can help create the perfect, minimalistic sanctuary.
I've tried to include a combination of both high-end design pieces, alongside some high street options, to keep it balanced. There's everything from a hand-stitched velvet bedspread by designer Niki Jones, to a wool-blend textured rug from H&M. Hopefully there is something that will help inspire you in some way!
Recently, I've become obsessed with the new collection of paints released by Cassandra Ellis; a gorgeous range of hand-mixed to order paints, which embrace the simplicity of nature and how we live our lives. The intensely pigmented colours can soften a contemporary apartment or enrich a traditional home. I was particularly drawn to the rich, earthy tones which can add a freshness and crisp harmony to a space, whilst still contain warm undertones which work beautifully in British light.
I've tried to embrace the soft, cosy feel which the dark walls bring. Layers of different fabrics and a deep indigo throw add comfort and texture, with a hint of luxury. The light, mid-century bed, with its streamlined and upholstered headboard, and the wooden side tables in the oak finish, prevent the room from feeling dark and heavy. Simple accessories help keep the space feeling bright and contemporary.
1. Velvet-Linen bedspread in natural/navy, 230cm x 260cm : Niki Jones, £395
2. MYA cotton and velvet cushion, 50cm x 50cm : Made.com, £35
3. Saucer pendant lamp by Herman Miller, large : Skandium, £595
4. Night Owl table lamp by Lightyears, smokey white : Skandium, £122
5. Bardot bed in turtledove : Heals, £1359 NOW £816
6. Smoked Green-Blue, Seafoam and Mouse Grey : Cassandra Ellis, from £59.00
7. Light mole, wool-blend rug, 140cm x 200cm : H&M, £119.99
8. Santal 26 candle : Le Labo, from £44
9. Porcelain vase, white with gold rim, 25cm : Lyngby, 799,95 dkr
10. Valentine bedside table, oak, Matthew Hilton for Case : Heals, £273
I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! Is there anything you'd add to this look? I think it would be great to have a statement, bespoke piece of art above the bed - what do you think?
All images from respective brands.
Hello and welcome to our little corner of the internet. We are a British Design Studio, based in Manchester. Established in 2017, we are passionate about understated design, high-quality products and simple interiors. The blog is our sketchbook and your resource to feel inspired. We hope you like it!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST