In the blink of an eye, January is done (hurrah) and suddenly it's the beginning of February. This year is already flying by and there is a definite feeling that spring isn't too far out of reach. Or I'm at least hopeful.
This month, I've been looking at designs for home offices and studios; ways to reduce the 'workplace' feel and instead inject a little style and calmness, whilst also keeping things inspiring. Soft furnishings provide a warmth to the room, whilst wall storage and metal trays keep things organised and uncluttered. And a lit candle whilst you work is the perfect companion - it can pick you up if that last cup of coffee hasn't quite done it's job, or help you relax when work gets ever so slightly on top of you.
HAY have got a fabulous range of products available for your office, to provide a design-considered approach to work supplies. Maintaining their minimal and toned down approach, their simplistic pieces keep stationary and messy documents hidden away, in an organised manner. Including artwork and contemporary wall storage helps to lift the space and create a softer atmosphere; I love the simplicity of this architectural print by Studio Romuu.
1. Slipper Satin and Ammonite : Farrow and Ball, from £43.50
2. White MIB 6 Nordlux table lamp : Lightsy, £95
3. Ash, LISABO desk : IKEA, £125
4. Dusty green, swivel base MUUTO armchair : Skandium, £335
5. Warm grey, punched organiser HAY tray : Amara, £39
6. Anthracite grey and natural white cushion cover : H&M, £6.99
7. Sydney Opera House print : Studio Romuu, £55
8. Birch, YPPERLIG wall shelf : IKEA, £12
9. Dark grey, HAY peas rug : Amara, from £159
10. Bibliothèque candle : BYREDO, from £24
What do you like to have in your workplace to keep you inspired?
All images from respective brands.
Hello and welcome to our little corner of the internet. We are a British Design Studio, based in Manchester. Established in 2017, we are passionate about understated design, high-quality products and simple interiors. The blog is our sketchbook and your resource to feel inspired. We hope you like it!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST